Use of the information and data contained on this World Wide Web site on these pages is at your sole risk. If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness.
If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this Site you do so at your own risk. The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice. Finance Mutual Australia may revise this Disclaimer at any time by updating this posting. Finance Mutual Australia, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site;
- make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this site or any linked site into another language;
- accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
- make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;|
- make no warranties that the said information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination;
- do not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
- do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
- do not make any warranties or representations that material on other web sites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world; and
- do not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other sites by linking this Site to those other sites.
Who are we?
‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to FINANCE MUTUAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD ABN 32 513 077 269 trading as Difficult Loan Company (DLC), Australian Credit Licence 387284 and our related businesses.
Our commitment to protect your privacy
We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our policy commitment in respect of personal information we collect and hold about you and what we do with that information.
It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
Collection of Personal information
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. This information may include information or an opinion about you.
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold about you include:
- Your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you.
- Financial information, including proof of earnings and expenses.
- If you are applying for finance we may also collect the ages and number of your dependants and cohabitants, the length of time at your current address, your employment details and proof of earnings and expenses.
- If you apply for any insurance product through us we may also collect your health information.
- When you browse this website, our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit. Certain information about your visit onto our website is logged for statistical purposes. We do not attempt to identify you or to monitor or chart your on-line activities from this information. The information is solely used for website analysis and improvement, and to increase the relevance and usefulness of our products and services to our customers.
We will only collect health information from you with your consent.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect and hold personal information for the purposes of:
- assessing your application for finance, arranging for finance to be provided to you and managing that finance;
- direct marketing and managing our relationship with you;
- offering you other products and services;
- establishing a customer loyalty program;
- resolving complaints;
- providing further information about a service; and
- any other purpose related to the above.
Your personal information may also be used in market research and statistical studies, and improvement of our products and services. We will use de-identified information in these circumstances wherever possible.
If you do not provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to provide these services to you.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you, through application forms. If for a valid reason we are unable to do so, we may collect your personal information from another organisation. We may also collect your personal information from credit reporting bodies, finance brokers, financial institutions and other people such as accountants and lawyers.
We hold all personal information in hard copy documents as electronic data, or in our software or systems.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We will generally only use your information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or a purpose related to the primary purpose. We will not sell your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to prospective funders or other intermediaries in relation to your finance requirements;
- to other organisations that are involved in providing, managing or administering your finance such as third party suppliers, printing and postal services, call centres;
- to associated businesses that may want to market products to you;
- to companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- to anybody who represents you, such as finance brokers, lawyers and accountants;
- to anyone, where you have provided us consent;
- where we are required to do so by law, such as under the Anti-Money or Laundering and Courter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth);
- to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business; or
- to your employer, referees or identity verification services.
We do not disclose your personal information to overseas entities. To enable us to maintain a successful business relationship with you, we may disclose your personal information to other organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us. We may also disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may have or is considering having an interest in your finance, or in our business.
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with current information about finance, offers you may find of interest, changes to our organisation, or new products or services being offered by us or any company with whom we are associated.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by telephoning us on 8216 4111 or by writing to us at:
Level 3, 333 King William St, Adelaide, SA 5000.
If the direct marketing is by email you may also use the unsubscribe function. We will not charge you for giving effect to your request and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity.
Access and correction to your personal information
We will provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. We will respond to your request for access to your information within a reasonable time after you make the request and if access is granted, access will be provided within 30 days from your request.
We may charge a fee of $100 per hour (or part thereof) for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you. This fee may be reduced or increased to correctly reflect the actual costs of providing access to information, depending on the complexity of your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information at the time of the request, otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days.
There may be situations where we will refuse to provide you with access to your personal information or refuse to update your information, for example, if granting access would be unlawful.
An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access or refuse to update the personal information we hold about you.
We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
Business without identifying you
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you, however, where it is practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent. Sensitive information is personal information that includes information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political persuasion, memberships in trade or professional associations or trade unions, sexual preferences, criminal record, or health.
How safe and secure is your personal information that we hold?
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment. We may store your personal information in paper and electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We aim to achieve this through:
- imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees;
- implementing policies in relation to document storage security;
- implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
- only providing access to information once proper identification has been given;
- controlling access to our premises; and
- implementing website protection measures.
By law, we may be required to hold certain information about you for a specific period of time, even after you are no longer our customer. However, after that time you can be assured we will destroy your information thoroughly and safely or permanently de-identify it.
In addition to the above, our website collects information from website users through “cookies”. A “cookie” is a piece of information that an Internet website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. Cookies indicate to a website that you have visited it before and they can be used to record what parts of a website your computer is visiting. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they do allow identification of the type of browser used and the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
There are two types of cookies: ‘persistent’ and ‘session-based’. Persistent cookies track a visitor’s journey through the issuing website.
They are stored on your computer and allow the website provider to see which pages and information are of most interest to those browsing the site. This type of cookie does not contain personal information; only a log of your movement through the website.
Session-based cookies are short-lived, existing only for the actual time you are logged on. These cookies ensure heightened security for you, by authenticating and identifying your registration for the secure areas of the site without the need for you to constantly re-enter your information. They expire when you close your web browser.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, you may contact our complaints officer using the following information:
Phone: (08) 8216 4109
Mail: PO Box 6277 Halifax Street
ADELAIDE SA 5000
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
External Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint please contact:
Credit Investments Ombudsman (CIO)
PO Box A252, Sydney South NSW 1235
Ph: 1800 138 422
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us.